Lifeline screening is a service provider of preventive health screenings. These screenings are important since they detect hazardous health conditions such as abdominal aortic aneurysm, stroke, carotid artery disease and many others that have no symptoms. However, these health diseases can be prevented if the risks are detected early. There are several screening services; Testosterone Deficiency Screening, Vitamin D screening, Heart Disease Screening, Congestive Heart Failure Screening and many others.
Above all these services there are three types of preventative health screening:
- Finger-stick blood screenings.
With simple finger-stick blood screenings, we can identify important risk factors for diabetes and heart diseases. The procedure is done through pricking the soft part of the finger and take a few drops of blood. The instruments used to perform this procedure should be approved by FDA, insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies, major hospitals across the country and laboratories. Results for the tests are ready in ten minutes.
Lifeline Screening offers these blood screenings:
- Glucose screening which measures the blood sugar levels to prevent diabetes risks.
- Elevated liver enzymes (ALT/AST) screening; measures ALT and AST liver enzymes levels. It indicates any liver injury.
- High-sensitivity C-reactive protein(hs-CRP) screening; measures C-reactive protein levels.this is an indicator for cardiovascular disease.
- Complete lipid panel screening which both extremes of cholesterol levels, HDL (good cholesterol), LDL (Bad cholesterol) and finally triglycerides and more information click here.
- Ultrasound screenings(sonography)
This technique uses sound waves to image structures in the body. During this procedure, transmits sound waves to an area of the body, and the echoes are recorded. An Ultrasound is used to detect medical conditions such as; ophthalmology, cardiology, and obstetrics. It is non-invasive and painless and learn more about Life Line Screening.
You can count on the Doppler color flow ultrasound technology for its accuracy and reliable images for:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Ankle-brachial index screening (for peripheral arterial disease)
- Bone mineral density screening (for osteoporosis)
- Carotid artery disease screening.
- Limited electrocardiograph
Detects atrial fibrillation (irregular heartbeat), a condition that crucially increases the risk of stroke. This methodology is non-invasive, quick and requires no preparation or cloth removal.
The preventive screenings offered by Life Line Screening are evidently quick, painless and safe. They are performed by highly trained, experienced technicians who use standard equipment used in hospitals and results are read and analyzed by certified physicians. The results provide a client and the doctor a marker for the overall health and if necessary treatment and lifestyle adjustments are executed before any serious health problems occur.
At Lifeline, there is a strategy program which is Life Line Screening Corporate Wellness Program Strategy. This agenda entails:
- Educating employees on the prevention of chronic diseases, benefits, and the importance of screening.
- Engage with employees through providing details on their health and future health related risks by offering screenings. This effort is to prevent the progression of chronic illnesses.
- Empowering employees by helping then acquire knowledge of their blood and ultrasound results and current biometric. Through this, employees can engage in conversation with their physician, wellness health coach or disease management provider and Lifeline Screening’s lacrosse camp.
Through testimonials from individuals whose screening results did not turn out normal, Life Line Screening has received at least hundreds of positive results and gratitude from patients. There are real life stories of potential health dangers which were identified; this enabled these individuals to do something about the situation before it got out of hand, an opportunity that can save millions of lives from chronic diseases.
Other Reference: http://companies.bizjournals.com/profile/life-line-screening/137282/